Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ramadhan

I decided to join Muslims in their annual fast, Ramadhan (01 September til 30 September). I made my mind up when I realised that I have been given so much by the divine, and I hardly gave anything back except the occasion visit to church. So I decided that although I am Methodist, I would join the Muslims for their month of fasting. I hope that besides the weight loss I come out a better person who is more disciplined in many aspects of life. I also hope that He grants me what I have been praying for for a while. So I'm sort of bargaining with him.
The first day wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, and with an allowance of a few days off (for my late Grandmother's funeral - I can't imagine another catastrophe than my parents hearing that I'm fasting) I will be full on the before sunrise and after sunset meals.
I'm also looking forward to fusing some traditional Ramadhan meals with some traditional African aspects. As per usual, I will share this bounty with the nation, it is after all the Nation's Bounty.

No comments: